Re: Small Perl job for Tramp: base64 encoding/decoding

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: Small Perl job for Tramp: base64 encoding/decoding
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:43:00 +0100

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 10:38:29PM +0200, Kai  Großjohann wrote:

> Or are you suggesting that I incorporate the code found there in
> Tramp?  Then the copyright would have to be assigned.  [time passes]
> Oh, the whole file is only 15 lines.  So what do I do?
>
> Ah, it's not so difficult to write the encoders and decoders in
> Perl.  Now I have to figure out how to integrate those in Tramp.

  Sorry to be less clear - I was suggesting that you study the code
 there as it is very small and should be straightforward to understand.

  (On my system I also have a uuencode script in the same location)

  I've just about to head to work now - but I'll mail you a small
 encode + decode script tommorow if you've not received one by then.

Steve
---
www.steve.org.uk