Re: What to do with too-large group ids?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: What to do with too-large group ids?
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:47:49 +0200

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> The file-attributes documentation doesn't say that uid/gid can be cons
> pairs when uid/gid is higher than the integer limit, is that a bug?

The documentation appears to agree with the code: some numbers can be
conses, but uid/gid cannot.

I think I'll use -1 -- that's what Ange-FTP does.  Emacs is kind
enough to return -1 when parsing a too-large number already, so now I
only have to do a fix for XEmacs.  For that, I'll have to talk to some
other people, though :-)

Sorry for the line-noise,
kai