Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:54:14 -0600 (MDT)

    > If you get around
    > to merging in some big changes to the trunk to change the
    > character-data handling in ways that better support the Unicode
    > changes -- or perhaps the completed set of Unicode changes --

    You mean there's some question about that happening, other than the
    resources to do it which concerned me?

There is no question about that.  We will switch to unicode as soon
as the unicode support is fully working.

Please do not draw such big conclusions from side issues in words
from people who are not in charge.  If you want to know what our
plans are for Emacs development, please ask me, not anyone else.

    > would you want to be required to merge them onto a Guile branch as
    > well?

    I'm afraid I don't want to waste my time on things related to Guile.
    If we're competing against that, I'm going to stop.

There is no need for you to concern yourself with the Guile changes.
That is a possibility for the future; it won't have any impact on your
work on the unicode branch.