Re: 64-bit lossage

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: 64-bit lossage
Date: 17 Jul 2002 12:24:57 +0100

> I don't know if we have anyone who supports 64-bit platforms.

In principle I do -- at least Tru64 -- but I know there's commercial
interest in them, and I'm not in a position to sort this out.  (Debian
supports at least Alpha, SPARC, MIPS and IA64 of the 64-bit
architectures I know of, though I don't know if MIPS has 64-bit
userland.)

> We may have to wait until someone who cares about those platforms
> wants to debug the problem.

This sort of breakage would be a lot easier to deal with if someone
tested the codebase regularly on such platforms, as I used to; I'd be
surprised if no-one else has them available.  In my experience it's
typically much easier if you can narrow down when it occurred and look
for suspicious changes.  Going months without being able to build on
Alphas is bad news.