Re: improving function "mode-line-unbury-buffer" in bindings.el

From: 恒吉 徹
Subject: Re: improving function "mode-line-unbury-buffer" in bindings.el
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 02:13:23 +0900 (JST)

I'm sorry that the explanation may have been insufficient.

 Somehow, "bury-buffer <f>" doesn't display a buffer which is not
displayed still once, when there are several buffers which is displayed
before.  It is explaned in example 3 of spec of function "bury-buffer"
called by "mode-line-bury-buffer" in file "report.txt" which was
attached before. When there are buffers "A" (now displayed), "*scratch*"
(displayed before), and "*Messages*" (not displayed still once), this
function never displays a buffer "*Messages*".
 But, this function has displayed a buffer which is not displayed still
once, when there is only another buffer which is displayed.  For
example, when there are buffers "*scratch*" (now displayed) and
"*Messages*" (not displayed still once), this function has displayed
a buffer "*Messages*".

 While, current mode-line-unbury-buffer has displayed a buffer (or
buffers) which is (or are) not displayed still once, at all times.

 I felt the non-symmetry nature about the behavior of current these two
functions. Do you also feel that? I avoid that by my new code.