Re: No calc in pretest?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: No calc in pretest?
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 16:07:33 -0600 (MDT)

    1. Users would think ``hey, they went from 21.3 to 21.10---did I miss
       something?''

    2. Once users learn we're /intentionally/ leaving gaps in the version
       numbers, they might suspect we're trying to make it seem like more
       work is going into Emacs than actually is.  That's not good.

I don't think either of these problems will be big enough to matter.
Your impression may be different from mine, and neither of us really
knows, so I will go with my impression.