Re: comint-carriage-motion causes severe problems.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: comint-carriage-motion causes severe problems.
Date: 02 Jul 2002 17:46:42 +0900

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:
> It seems, however, that M-x ielm RET should lead to a buffer where
> comint-carriage-motion is off.  Is there a way to do that?

I guess it could be done by having ielm make
`comint-output-filter-functions' a buffer-local copy of the global value,
excluding `comint-carriage-motion'.

`remove-hook' actually contains commented-out code that would do this sort
of thing more elegantly, by adding a local `not'-hook that would
effectively override a global hook.  I don't know why that code is
commented out; perhaps it doesn't work.

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff