Re: Profiling font-lock in xemacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Profiling font-lock in xemacs
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:04:12 -0400

>     The problem is indeed XTread_socket.  It is complex and it has
>     introduced really nasty bugs which were very difficult to trace.
> I don't think it has been demanding a lot of attention lately.

Lately, probably not.  But (Gerd and) I spent a lot of time
tracking down two bugs with it during (and just before) the Emacs-21
pretest period.  And I'm sure there are some left, although
their occurrence is rare enough that we don't notice them.

But as I said, another problem is the fact that some improvements
are harder to implement because of the restriction about what can be
done from within XTread_socket.

        Stefan