mouse wheel mode is broken

From: David Ponce
Subject: mouse wheel mode is broken
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:37:02 -0400

In GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt4.0.1381)
 of 2002-06-24 on EBAT311
configured using `configure --with-gcc (2.95)'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Hi All,

I just discovered that `mwheel-mode' no more works :-(

When I try to use my mouse wheel I get this message:

"Autoloading failed to define function mwheel-scroll"

So, I tried C-h f mwheel-scroll RET and got:

"find-function-search-for-symbol: Cannot find definition of
`mwheel-scroll' in library `mwheel'"

when I click with mouse-2 on the `mwheel' link.

It seems that the following change removed the definition of
`mwheel-scroll':

2002-06-21  Stephen Gildea  <address@hidden>

    * mwheel.el: Allow arbitrary keys for scrolling, add a third
    scrolling speed, fix an unwind-protect.
    (mouse-wheel-scroll-amount): Now a three-element list.
    (mouse-wheel-scroll-down-slow, mouse-wheel-scroll-up-slow)
    (mouse-wheel-scroll-down-normal, mouse-wheel-scroll-up-normal)
    (mouse-wheel-scroll-down-fast, mouse-wheel-scroll-up-fast):
    New functions.

I don't know if it is intentional but mouse wheel is now broken :-(

Hope this helps.
David

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with address@hidden
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/