Re: Patch for Emacs X focus issue

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Patch for Emacs X focus issue
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 22:08:57 +0200 (MEST)

> > The patch is attached below.  Please comment, and if it is OK, I will
> > commit it into CVS.
>
> I have no idea about the actual focus handling issue in X, but I'm
> surprised by the first hunk in your patch (see below), which seems
> unrelated.  What is the reason for it ?

The code in question ignored FOCUS_IN_EVENT when looking for pending
input.  So when a new frame got focus, the modeline face was not
changed immediately to the "active" looking face.  It took another
event or a timeout for this to happen.  You have to have two or
more frames to see this change in the modeline.

I suspect there where too many FOCUS_IN_EVENT:s generated previously and
that this caused problems.  The patch simply restores the code to what
it is in the RC branch.

        Jan D.