Re: comint-interrupt-subjob also kills pending input

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: comint-interrupt-subjob also kills pending input
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:34:12 -0600 (MDT)

    It also results in a somewhat inconsistent situation that might confuse
    users -- the `unsent' input is treated as if it had been sent to the
    process in every way _except_ that wasn't sent (in particular, being put
    into the `command ring', and being highlighted in bold like other `input').

The C-c C-c at the end of the line should be a pretty clear indication
that it wasn't actually sent.  I don't see how people could fail to
grasp this.

    Personally, I find that it's _usually_ the case that when I hit C-c C-c
    with unsent input, it's because I forgot to kill a program, and had
    started to type the next command, and then suddenly realized what was
    going on, and hit C-c C-c.

Perhaps it should kill the input when the input follows a prompt
but not otherwise.  What do you think of that idea?