Re: translate-region occasionally misses chars?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: translate-region occasionally misses chars?
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:13:47 -0600 (MDT)

    Any news on this?
    Has anyone else tried it?

I tried it just now, using the output I got from C-h a file RET (which
is not necessarily the same as the output you got when you ran it--you
really ought to send the *precise text* to try this on).

It ran out of memory before completing 50 flips, because the
buffer-undo-list of the *flip* buffer got very big, but it did not
report any failures before that.

If you turn off undo in the *flip* buffer, does the problem
still happen for you?  If so, I could try it that way and avoid
running out of memory.