Re: address@hidden: Zone]

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Zone]
Date: 13 Jun 2002 21:52:41 +0100

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> zone-when-idle 180 does indeed give a delay of around 18 seconds.
> But zone-when-idle 20 gives a delay of 20 seconds, so it is not as
> simple as a multiple of 10 out. I get the same results on GNU/Linux,
> so it is probably a bug in zone rather than a low level timer bug
> specific to Windows.

In fact, what I saw was the somewhat surprising behaviour that after
running (zone-when-idle 20), (zone-when-idle 180) does not change the
idle period to 180 seconds, but leaves it as 20 seconds.  On both
platforms, calling zone-leave-me-alone before (zone-when-idle 180)
results in the expected behaviour.