Re: Building emacs with and without X -- packaging question.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Building emacs with and without X -- packaging question.
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:08:06 +0200

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:47:18 -0600 (MDT), Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Making DOC be the same on Windows as on Unix-like systems is possible,
> but it will be somewhat more work, and more costly in a way.  Is it
> important to do this? Are there users that want to share the DOC file
> between Windows machines and GNU-like systems?

Probably no, there aren't many users who want tho share DOC between
Windows and GNU systems.

IMHO, the only single advantage from making the DOCs equal is trying to
minimize cases like the one showcased yesterday, where files that should
be in all systems are inadvertedly left out.

But I cannot judge if that makes the maintaining effort worse than the
posible inconvenience.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u