Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer
Date: 12 Jun 2002 11:53:38 +0900

>     > We already have graphical navigation buttons on the tool bar.
>
>     Thanks for the reminder!  The header line must not appear at all if the
>     tool bar is enabled.
>
> That could be a good idea in addition to the above.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what's being suggested.

If it's that the header-line should only show up when there's no
tool-bar, that's a bad idea:

In addition to providing something to click on for navigation, the
header-line serves to provide context, by showing the name of the
adjacent nodes; in fact, I'd argue that this is it's most important
function.  The tool-bar, by contrast, only gives some unnamed buttons --
that's useful, but it's not nearly good enough to replace the
header-line.

-Miles
--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.