Re: new text property

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: new text property
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:16:51 +0200

Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden> writes:

> If there is a need to manipulate faces on the buffer level, such as
> turning them all off, regardless of whether they come from font-lock
> or from another source of highlighting, shouldn't that be made
> generic?

As I understand, M-x font-lock-mode RET _is_ generic, despite the
name.

I'm not sure how it works:  (a) The mode always puts properties on the
text, but they are ignored on display (depending on font-lock-mode).
(b) The mode looks at font-lock-mode and refrains from putting the
properties on the text.

But in the end, it doesn't make too much of a difference:
font-lock-mode is just a general toggle for the mode to do
highlighting however it likes to do that.

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)