Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 08:16:53 +0300 (IDT)

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Robert J. Chassell wrote:

> As for # 2:  some people never seem to want to refer other people to
> Info nodes.  They never tell people to RTFM, but I do.

Actually, many people (including myself) do refer users to RTFM.  I just
never bother about copying the node name; instead, I use "M-/" to type
only a small part of the name and let Emacs complete the rest.  To me,
"M-/" is a better way, since I never need to switch buffers or move the
mouse.

> Evidentally, the new-styule `header lines' are constructed to be like
> mode lines, which cannot be copied and never have been able to be
> copied.

Perhaps we _should_ have a way to copy mode- and header-lines.  Adding
that sounds like a valuable feature in and off itself.