Re: Color Setup in Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Color Setup in Emacs
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:23:56 -0600 (MDT)

    If i use my .emacs file to set up colors like:

    (set-background-color "DarkSlateGray")
    (set-foreground-color "Wheat")

That is not a bug--these functions apply to one frame only.  You can
set the defaults for all frames using default-frame-alist or by
customizing the `default' font.  That ought to work on any system.

    I thought it was a bug with the MacOS X build, but noticed the same on
    my linux box.

Could you please call the system "GNU/Linux"?  It is basically the GNU
system, and it is more GNU than Linux; when people call it "Linux", we
get none of the credit, and that makes all of our work less effective.

See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html for more explanation.