Re: German tutorial fix

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: German tutorial fix
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 15:44:43 -0400 (EDT)

          What I think we don't need is to explain, demonstrate, and drill the
          user in basic cursor motion.

      Drilling them is what teaches them to use C-f rather than an arrow key.
      So maybe it is still worth while to drill them.

   I think that using C-f instead of the arrow key is very advanced usage.

On the contrary, using C-f is basic and enables a slow and
inexperienced typist to learn to type faster.

When a novice learns to take his or her hand off the keyboard, he or
she forgoes the chance to advance, since it is impossible to learn to
work well when using arrow keys or the mouse.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com