Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)
Date: 09 May 2002 02:40:13 +0900

address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:
>     Then, either you need to have docs installed in a webserver's space
>     that does CGI, or the browser needs to handle running CGIs.  Existing
>     browsers don't do this.
>
> Of course it won't necessarily work in all configurations, and certainly
> couldn't be automatically installed in all cases, but at least the
> feature would be available for those who thought it important.

Given what I know about current practice, it sounds like it wouldn't be
supported _most_ of time (that is, that this sort of thing basically
isn't supported unless you run a webserver, which is very hard to
ensure) -- and global searching is a pretty big thing to lose.

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'