Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 21:24:18 +0300

> From: Simon Josefsson <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 18:33:51 +0200
>
> Texinfo supports images, but does the Info format?

No, it doesn't.

> I agree it would be very useful if documentation could include
> screenshots.

I think Texinfo lacks some crucial means required to document GUI
programs.  There are no directives to describe a sequence of menu
selections, no way to typeset dialog boxes and other simple widgets,
etc.  IMHO, this all should be figured out and added to the language
before we could start doing serious work documenting the GUI stuff.