Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 11:32:34 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Maybe we could create a "preferences" page which contains toggles for,
> say, 25 commonly used options, and also a link to the customize group
> for that option.  That would allow novice users to quickly get to
> some of the more advanced options of emacs.

To collect a subset of existing options in a new group is trivial,
somebody just has to decide upon the 25 options, and somebody else
(me, for example) could write the code in a few minutes.  All I need
is the name of this new group, and the list of existing options you
want.

This works by using the MEMBERS argument to defgroup.

Alex.
--
http://www.electronicintifada.net/diaries/index.html
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/US-Israel/hr2506c.html