Re: across terminals

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: across terminals
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:18:47 -0600 (MDT)

    > I have never seen a terminal that did not have these characters:

    Unfortunately, this isn't true: many national keyboards in Europe don't
    have keys for some of those ( {, |, and } seem to be most prone to
    this).  You need to press some AltGr-key combination to get them.

I thought the issue was whether the terminal has these characters.
Whether they use AltGr is another question (not particularly relevant
here, I think).

I stand by what I said.  Let's consider this issue closed
and NOT SPEND MORE TIME on it, OK?