Re: C-l while in menu?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: C-l while in menu?
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:21:03 +0000 (UTC)

   My right hand is much happier when the pinky is in a
   lower position on the keyboard than the other fingers...

I find that my pinky is more comfortable when it is farther away than
my first finger, and this is true for both my right and left hands.

Perhaps you are using an exceptionally wide keyboard.  My keyboards,
from the left of the `Caps Lock' key to the right of the `Enter' key,
are 28 cm (11 inches) wide.

When I put my hands over the main keys (ASDF and JKL: on my QWERTY
keyboard), my pinkies and my first fingers sit on the keys labeled A
and F and J and : respectively -- little or no contortion is needed.
(I do not perceive any contortion at all; when I wave my hands to get
rid of any pre-set, and then put them down, the fingers form a line
and fall, if I aim them right, on the keys labeled A and F and J and :
respectively.)

I do find that I have to turn the tops of my hands outward to bring
my pinkies inwards enough to push on the far lower left and far lower
right keys -- an awkward, unpleansant, and hurtful action.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com