Re: Improving communication between GNU Emacs and XEmacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Improving communication between GNU Emacs and XEmacs
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 10:26:54 -0600 (MDT)

    His answer was quite civil, I believe.

The words practically accused me of deliberately repeating a lie.
But it seems that he didn't mean it that way, so I won't
hold it against him.  I don't think he is a native English speaker;
perhaps he did not realize what those words normally imply.

    I think the reason he came this way is because there is a feeling within
    the XEmacs community (or so I believe) that the Emacs development has
    generally been opposed to cooperation (even in the absence of any legal
    obstacle).  Whether this feeling is justified or not is of course
irrelevant.

That is a very grave accusation against me, and whether it is
justified ought to be important to anyone who works with me,
just as it is to me.