Re: lisp/play/studly.el

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: lisp/play/studly.el
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 00:48:29 +0200

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Is the comment below really accurate?  From the little I have
> understood, a piece of art does not end up in the public domain just
> because you don't include the copyright notice.

Currently, the Berne convention says that anything you produce in this
area is automatically copyrighted.  But the Berne convention is not
automatically law in all countries, so in general, and in significant
parts of the world, and in present times, no copyright is needed.

Thus you need to know where the work originated, what the laws where
at the time, how your country would deal with the situation, etc.  And
probably you'd have to go to court to know for sure.

IANAL.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/