Re: update-game-score

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: update-game-score
Date: 11 Apr 2002 03:06:30 -0400

On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 19:18, Colin Walters wrote:

> Yeah. I imagine some system-dependent ifdefs will sneak in there.  But
> at this point, it's still very much a work in progress...

Ok, I've committed the changes necessary to use it, and it seems to
work.  I'm not particularly satisfied with the implementation at this
point; the lib-src/Makefile has the names of the game score files
hardcoded, and "~/.emacs.d/games" is known to both gamegrid.el and
update-game-score.c.

The former could probably be fixed by doing something like:

touch $(../src/emacs -batch -l ../lisp/play/tetris.el --eval '(princ
tetris-score-file)')

But doing that kind of makes me uncomfortable, because it's just sort of
hardcoding it a little bit less.  Any suggestions appreciated.

I think I know how to fix the latter correctly; will do so soon, but I
at least wanted to have something working in CVS.