Re: input-pending-p

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: input-pending-p
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:24:46 +0200 (IST)

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, David wrote:

> I have re-looked at this issue today with the following results.
>
> * Problem Summary: input-pending-p yields an incorrect value 50% of the time
> in emacs 21.1 and emacs-21.2 under some window managers.

Is that in "emacs -q --no-site-file"?  If not, there could be all kinds
of optional features that generate input events.  Even without optional
features, there could be X events delivered to Emacs behind your back (the
dependence on window manager seems to indicate that this really happens).

I'd suggest to look at the event queue and see what kinds of events are
there.  That would make debugging this a whole lot easier, and the
discussion much more focused.