Re: New patch for server sockets and datagram (UDP) support.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New patch for server sockets and datagram (UDP) support.
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:07:29 -0700 (MST)

    > :nowait BOOL -- Don't wait for client process to complete the
    > connection to the server if BOOL is non-nil; instead, the sentinel
    > function will be called with second matching "open" (if successful) or
    > "failed" when the connect completes.  Default is to use a blocking
    > connect.

    I would prefer :wait that defaults to t.  Is shorter and avoids the
    negation.

A default that isn't nil, when nil cannot stand for use of the
default, is problematical.

    > The following special call returns t iff a given KEY VALUE
    > pair is supported on this system:
    >   (make-network-process :feature KEY VALUE)  */)

    Hmm... this looks a bit strange.  Can you give some examples?
    Especially, what do you supply as VALUE?

That usage seems like a kludge to me.  What exactly is it trying to
solve?  Would it work to simply try this combination of args, catch
the error that you get if it isn't supported, and try another method?