Re: Should customizing default-frame-alist change existing frames?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Should customizing default-frame-alist change existing frames?
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 12:50:45 -0700 (MST)

    RMS asked me to look at this, but did not say what to do.

I didn't try to figure out what to do--I hoped you would do that.

    1. Change the doc string to say that existing frames will not be
       affected by setting default-frame-alist, only new ones.

I think that is probably best, as the usual action.  But there could
be another option or button to adjust all existing frames.