Re: address@hidden: blink-cursor improvement suggestion]

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: address@hidden: blink-cursor improvement suggestion]
Date: 25 Feb 2002 20:55:42 +0000

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Yes, I think it is an improvement that the cursor never disappears.
> However, as implemented, it doesn't work...

I think that code was only intended as a demonstration, not the final
version.

> I think the code should remember the `true' background color of the
> cursor and restore that.  In addition, it should notice if the
> cursor color has changed, so it can correctly restore it.
>
> Something like this:

I think trying to do this by changing the background color of cursor
face is the wrong thing, because it results in the cursors in
inactive windows also blinking, which is distracting. The only way to
do this properly is in xterm.c (etc) where the current blinking is
done, probably by using two separate faces.

--
Jason Rumney