Re: address@hidden: blink-cursor improvement suggestion]

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: address@hidden: blink-cursor improvement suggestion]
Date: 25 Feb 2002 20:47:36 +0000

> Do people like change?

In general, I think people are resistant to change, but I don't think
that is what you meant to ask :-)

I was surprised by how much I liked the appearance, when I read the
description I didn't think I would.  This would probably have to be
changed at the C code level though, to avoid the side effect of
inactive cursors also blinking.

I think a "cursor-blink" face which inherits from default face could
be used, and instead of clearing the cursor to blink it, we could
redraw it with "cursor-blink" and "cursor" alternately.

--
Jason Rumney