Re: Bug Report (Feature request?) etags (GNU Emacs 21.1)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bug Report (Feature request?) etags (GNU Emacs 21.1)
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:19:52 -0700 (MST)

    Using C-u M-. one can search for more tags.  We (not me, please!) can
    change find-tag so that, before looking in the TAGS buffer for more
    tags, the current buffer is searched backwards from point for a #line
    directive.  If that is found, jump to the correponding location in the
    file referenced by #line.

    Etags is left unchanged.

This might be the right way to handle #line for this case, where the
#line refers to a real source file which etags cannot or did not scan.
Although I think it should go straight to the real source file;
it should not "find" any tags in the generated file at all.

However, for the .c and .y case, it should be etags that recognizes
that it should not scan the .c file if the .y file is going to
be scanned.

Please consider this question decided.