Re: mode-line-inactive and face inheritance

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: mode-line-inactive and face inheritance
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:31:43 -0700 (MST)

    Actually, I think we can just reuse t instead of `all' or `common'.
    Currently t can only be meaningfully used for the last entry,
    so we can simply extend its meaning a little bit in a backward
    compatible way.

Even better.

    >            Also it allows nesting of display-specific specs
    >     so you can extract the common part of the `light' and `'dark'
    >     settings for `color' displays.
    >
    > That seems too complex; I think I would not want to document this
    > even if it worked.

    I'm ambivalent about it.  I think it could also make things simpler.

I am thinking about documenting this, and it seems complex, so I think
we should do without it.