Re: mmap visited files?

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: mmap visited files?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:46:13 -0500

There's a risk with using mmap: If the file is truncated for some
reason, the mapped pages may no longer be useable, and references to
them may crash the program.  (I investigated this a little while I was
working on binutils.)  Perhaps that wouldn't happen often, but
deleting autosave files to gain a little bit of space on a nearly-full
file system does happen....