Re: unbind the paste functionality of the middle mouse button

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: unbind the paste functionality of the middle mouse button
Date: 18 Feb 2002 21:32:41 +0100

"Victor Hannak" <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a way to unbind the paste functionality of the middle mouse button
> while retaining the other uses?
>
> The middle button on a wheel mouse is very sensitive making it easy to
> inadvertently paste text while scrolling. I would like to eliminate the
> paste feature but obviously, I would still like to be able to use the middle
> mouse button to select items from dialog boxes and the like.

I submitted a patch prior to 21.1 which introduced a delay after using
the scroll wheel during which a mouse-2 click would be ignored.

It worked very well, but didn't make it into the release (it was
rejected because it didn't add generic mouse-wheel support -- only
solved this specific problem).

Maybe it would be time to look at it again for 21.3.

--
Kim F. Storm  http://www.cua.dk