Re: Is it fixed?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Is it fixed?
Date: 29 Jan 2002 12:01:38 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> On 28 Jan 2002, Kim F. Storm wrote:
>
> > It has been fixed:
> >
> > 2002-01-16  Kim F. Storm  <address@hidden>
> >
> >     * xterm.c (x_erase_phys_cursor): Don't erase cursor if cursor row
> >     is invisible.  This can happen if cursor is on top line of a
> >     window, and we switch to a buffer with a header line.
> >
> >     * w32term.c (x_erase_phys_cursor): ditto.
>
> Did that problem exist only in the CVS head version?  Because the change
> is not there on the RC branch.

AFAIK, it has only been seen on the CVS head version.

It has been claimed to be somehow related to the changes I made to adjust
the fringe widths (which is why I started investigating this), but
I haven't been able to find the connection.

While I could easily reproduce the original problem (where a full column
on the frame was blank), I have never seen the problem reported by Pavel
(I'm using X on GNU/linux):

> Yes, but one similar problem is still present. I'm very often doing C-h
> f something RET. The window is then split. Sometimes, the mode-line in the
> middle of the frame contains white block instead of the block with the
> mode-line face. It is in the same column the cursor is on in the upper
> window. It is not easily reproducible, though I can provide many
> screenshots of it.

I would like to see those screen-shots, so mail (a few of) them to me.