Re: problem whith abbrevs in message-mode

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: problem whith abbrevs in message-mode
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:39:22 -0800

>     I am not familiar with define-derived-mode, abbrev, mailabbrev, or
>     mail-abbrevs. Help?!
>
> I think Message mode should use the same abbrev table as Mail mode:
> mail-mode-abbrev-table.

Using the command to insert a mode abbrev C-x a + (add-mode-abbrev) while in
message-mode (this reply) should pick the right mode to put the abbrev
into right?

add-mode-abbrev: No per-mode abbrev table

I have no such problems in other modes.

I don't see a mail-mode-abbrevs table when I press M-x edit-abbrevs
Only mail-abbrevs, which contains the contents of ~/.mailrc with each
line followed by `mail-abbrev-expand-hook'

[...]
"name1"     0    "name1 <address1>" mail-abbrev-expand-hook
"name2"     0    "name2 <address2>" mail-abbrev-expand-hook
[...]

If I hand edit abbrevs and add the one I want to mail-abbrevs it
works but only in the header section in front of a To: From: or Cc:.