Re: Windows port of emacs -- configuration questions

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Windows port of emacs -- configuration questions
Date: 19 Jan 2002 20:09:14 +0000

John Covici <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to make the Windows port use the same continuation
> method as the text mode versions -- i.e. the backslash at the end of
> the line if it is continued.

This is not possible. Perhaps if you were to explain your reason for
wanting this, someone might consider it important enough to provide
this as an option.

> Also, I would like to start with the scroll bars turned off, but when
> I put (toggle-scroll-bar) in my _emacs file, I got errors, but I can
> do it by hand and it works.

Try the following in your .emacs:

(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(vertical-scroll-bars . nil))

> Also, I would like to make sure the Window is maximized -- I have a
> short cut which has run maximized, but emacs still runs as normal
> size.

On Windows, you can make Emacs maximize its Window with the following:

(w32-send-sys-command #xf030)

In the near future, there will also be command-line options to
maximize the Window, or maximize in one dimension only (the
command-line options have recently been implemented on X, but not yet
ported to the Windows version).

--
Jason Rumney