Re: Emacs doesn't compile with UTF-8 locales

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: Emacs doesn't compile with UTF-8 locales
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:54:08 +0100

> I installed a patch yesterday to change load-path which I think
> should fix that.  Is it fixed now?

Probably yes.  According to

    ls -R -l --time=atime --sort=time /gnu/share/emacs/21.2.50/lisp

it still accesses subdirs.el but there's no indication it loads any
of the installed files (I used 'make bootstrap').

This morning I saw this message when I used 'make -C lisp recompile':

./emacs -q -batch -f list-load-path-shadows
This site has duplicate Lisp libraries with the same name.
If a locally-installed Lisp library overrides a library in the Emacs release,
that can cause trouble, and you should probably remove the locally-installed
version unless you know what you are doing.

/home/ke/Projects/emacs/leim/leim-list hides
/gnu/share/emacs/21.2.50/leim/leim-list

1 Emacs Lisp load-path shadowing was found

I'm not able to reproduce this message.

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o