Re: lisp/term/vt*.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: lisp/term/vt*.el
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:17:34 -0700 (MST)

    I bumped into this while doing exactly that: I went through my own
    todo list with changes I proposed and which got delayed until
    after 21.1.

Thank you for doing that.  But is anyone going through
/gd/gnu/emacs/after-21.1.xmail?  That file contains has 359 messages
that were put aside for "after 21.1".  Now we need to handle them, not
forget them.  Some of these messages are just general ideas, but some
are specific patches that could be installed now.

It could be that some of your to-do tasks ought to be put off until
after some of these messages are handled--especially the ones that
contain patches.  The more other changes we make, the harder it will
be to install those patches.

    Doing this single change alone is indeed waste of time to a large
    extent, but I'm making more significant changes to some of these files
    (to support more colors when they are available), and thought that a
    bit of cleanup while I'm at that won't hurt.

If you are making those other changes, it is ok to subroutinize the
files more as part of it.