Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:37:31 -0700 (MST)

    There are some parts of Emacs that writes to .emacs that doesn't use
    custom though. C-x n n etc.  I think it would be nice to use custom for
    everything related to long-term customizations.

I think it is better to leave these things alone, since they work fine
as they are, and spend the time adding features that would really make
a difference.  For instance, providing a way to use Custom to change
key bindings.