Re: load-paths while generating autoloads

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: load-paths while generating autoloads
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:20:11 -0700 (MST)

    I had a hard time tracking down a bug while working on autoload.el.
    When we generate autoloads, emacs will use the default load path, which
    includes the target installation path.  I had an old installation of
    emacs there, and it kept picking up the old autoload.elc instead of my
    modified one in the build directory.  Anyways, do these changes to
    Makefile.in look good?

Other rules in lisp/Makefile.in have the same issue, and we have
standard way to handle it: use $(emacs) instead of $(EMACS).  But it
is not used in this rule.

Eli, what was the reason for this change:

    date: 2000/11/15 17:51:41;  author: eliz;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -4
    (custom-deps, finder-data, autoloads, recompile): Don't set EMACSLOADPATH.