Re: Proposal: Remap interactive commands via keymaps

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Proposal: Remap interactive commands via keymaps
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 16:26:13 -0700 (MST)

    If this is implemented, I would propose to add a new variable named,
    say, `remap-interactive-commands-p' (default t) to [temporarily]
    disable this feature.  The purpose of this variable is two-fold:

    1) make it possible to disable the feature for some specific purpose
       (which I cannot imagine, but just in case something will need it)

I don't see a need for that.

    2) so a package can test it using (boundp '...) to determine whether
       this feature is available

The natural way to do this is to put something in the features list.