Re: menubar tooltip patch

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: menubar tooltip patch
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 14:03:06 +0100

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Strange, I cannot reproduce this.  I click Files, I move the pointer
>> to the first entry, the tooltip appears, I move the pointer right, the
>> tooltip stays,
>
> Wouldn't you expect it to disappear when you move the mouse off the
> Files menu?

Hm, in the following example, the menu reaches further to the left
than the Buffers entry, thus, the pointer moves from the first menu
entry (Open File...) directly to the Buffers entry.

    I click Files, I move the pointer to the first entry, the tooltip
    appears, I move the pointer right, the tooltip stays, I move the
    pointer from the menu up onto Buffers -- and the tooltip
    disappears, replaced with the new menu.

Here I move the pointer to the left even further, that is:

    I click Files, I move the pointer to the first entry, the tooltip
    appears, I move the pointer right, the tooltip stays, I move the
    pointer further left, away from the menu -- and the tooltip
    disappears.  Lastly, I move the pointer up to Help.

Maybe this is a bug that was introduced in CVS Emacs, I'm still using
the released 21.1.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/