Re: Status of my GTK efforts.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Status of my GTK efforts.
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:02:58 -0700 (MST)

    I'm no expert on XIM, but GDK does a lot of that internally.  It sets its
own
    InstantiateCallback, I am not sure how this would interract with Emacs XIM
    handling.

Could you please investigate this enough so that you can tell me
whether there is a shortcoming in GTK or GDK in this area?

    > Could you explain in more detail what it means to filter WM_protocols,
    > and what it means to compress enter/leave events?

    When GTK gets an Enter notify event, it peeks at the next event and if
there is
    one and it is a Leave notify, it throws those two events away.  The same is
    done if first a Leave notify event is followed by an Enter notify. As this
is
    done in GTK, only GTK widgets should be affected.

Does this cause a problem for Emacs?  Should I ask the GTK developers
to add a way to turn this off?