Why abbrev-table has exactly *59* elements?

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Why abbrev-table has exactly *59* elements?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 13:15:02 +0100

Hi,

while studying abbrevs concept to the detail, I have found one thing which
is not clear to me. Why 59 as the default length of vector for
abbrev-table?

DEFUN ("make-abbrev-table", Fmake_abbrev_table, Smake_abbrev_table, 0, 0, 0,
       doc: /* Create a new, empty abbrev table object.  */)
     ()
{
  return Fmake_vector (make_number (59), make_number (0));
}

I suppose it has been chosen arbitrary. Am I right?

I think it would then be nice to comment that value before this statement
in the sources (I will do that if you tell me the reason).
--
Pavel Janík

Yeah, that kernel is so great it finds hardware you don't even have.
                  -- Steve Alexander (Silicon Graphics) about Linux on MIPS