Re: simple.el change

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: simple.el change
Date: 12 Dec 2001 10:57:46 +0900

> Do people see any problem with this change in M-! and M-|?
> The change is that when the shell command gets an error,
> the echo area says there was an error, and the output
> is always displayed through its buffer.

I think this behavior sounds quite annoying.

99% of the time when a command fails with an error, it outputs an error
message, and nothing else, and more than likely I just want to resubmit
the command with a different argument or something.  Since many commands
will then display the stdout output in the echo area (if there is any),
I'm left having to restore the window state manually because I mistyped
the first command...

-Miles
--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."