Re: table.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: table.el
Date: 26 Nov 2001 16:35:32 +0900

Tak Ota <address@hidden> writes:
> I found 2 types for prompt messages.
>
> 1. "prompt: (default %s) "
> 2. "prompt (default %s): "
>
> For example, `switch-to-buffer' is the type 1 and `describe-function'
> is the type 2.  Do you think I should follow the type 1?  Should all
> type 2 be corrected to type 1?  To find the answer I opened the info
> buffer to search in the elisp manual then learned that `Info-search'
> was the type 2.

I prefer type 1 (I think it's the only one that's hardwired into C code),
and while I think the code should be made more uniform at some point, it's
not very important, since they both are pretty obvious.

So, yes, I think you should use type 1, but I'm curious to hear what
other people think about it.

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that