locate.el: moving point to the first matching file

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: locate.el: moving point to the first matching file
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:21:16 GMT

I currently use the following simple hook in locate.el.  It simply
moves point to the first matching file -- currently the point stays at
the top of the buffer.  I think moving point is better since it fits
in with dired and means that you can just press RETURN to view the
first file, rather than having to first move point.

Do other people think that this behaviour should be folded into
locate.el?  If so, I'll submit a patch.

thanks, Stephen

(defun my-locate-hook ()
  "Move point to first file in Locate buffer."
  (dired-next-line 2))
(setq locate-post-command-hook 'my-locate-hook)